Our sustainable development policy
Our Sustainable Development policy
Our Data4Good programme dedicated to Sustainable Development is one of Data4’s three strategic priorities, along with Quality to continuously meet our customers’ expectations and Adaptability to help our customers grow.
This ambitious, ongoing programme is implemented at all of the company’s entities in Europe. It incorporates ISO 26000 principles and rests on four foundations with clearly-defined objectives:
This programme involves all employees, service provides and customers, as well as stakeholders in our ecosystem such as municipalities and universities and follows all current regulations. It is also part of our continuous improvement process and our ongoing search for innovative solutions.
Data4 also supports the United Nations Global Compact 1 and participates in other initiatives such as: Programme implementation and results are regularly shared and monitored during our monthly executive team and Board of Directors meetings.
- Community engagement
This programme involves all employees, service provides and customers, as well as stakeholders in our ecosystem such as municipalities and universities and follows all current regulations. It is also part of our continuous improvement process and our ongoing search for innovative solutions. Data4 also supports the United Nations Global Compact 1 and participates in other initiatives such as:
- Climate neutral data center pact and Planet Tech’Care to reduce the environmental footprint of digital technology;
- Women’s Forum to increase the presence of women and gender equality in businesses.
Programme implementation and results are regularly shared and monitored during our monthly executive team and Board of Directors meetings.
Our responsibility is to facilitate the convergence of digital, environmental and social transitions.Olivier Micheli
President & CEO
4 Pillars of Data4Good
Our commitment to the United Nations Global Compact
All of the initiatives within our Data4Good programme meet certain Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) issued by the United Nations (UN).
Our company is rapidly growing in many countries and leading implementation of the Data4Good programme is a demanding and rewarding challenge. I’m proud to take it on every day with all of Data4’s employees and to share the values that we believe in with all our stakeholders.Jean-Paul Leglaive
Head of QHSE and Sustainability
Data4 cares about following regulations and behaving ethically with our customers, suppliers, and employees. That is why the company has set up an internal Code of Business Conduct that employees must consult. This code is composed of five chapters that address ethics, compliance with current regulations, supplier relations practices, environmental and societal responsibility, and procedures to follow in case of violations.
All Data4 employees are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful, professional, and lawful manner at all times. They must be aware of their actions and the related impacts. The Data4 code addresses five topics:
- RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS by abstaining from any hostile, intimidating or offensive attitudes or behaviours (disrespectful behaviours or harassment for any reason whatsoever);
- CONFLICTS OF INTEREST by avoiding situations that create conflict between personal interests and those of Data4;
- ANTI-DISCRIMINATION by prohibiting employees from engaging in discriminatory behaviour of any kind
(sexual characteristics, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, family status, age, physical or psychological characteristics, etc.);
- MERITOCRACY by offering equal opportunities to all employees and to all qualified applicants for employment. All decisions related to staff selection, benefits, bonuses, career advancement or work assignments depend solely on the employee’s qualifications, skills, and professional performance;
- PROFESSIONALISM by respecting all ethical principles in all situations, by doing our duty with dignity and by following all professional standards.
Our Strong Governance
Data4’s suppliers and service providers are true partners with whom we build and run our data centers in a sustainable and responsible way. Therefore, Data4 naturally wanted to formalise and promote this approach by committing to a Responsible Purchasing initiative with two objectives:
- STEP 1: sign the Supplier Relations and Responsible Purchasing [Relations Fournisseurs Achats Responsables (RFAR)] charter from the French Ministry of Economy and Finance;
- STEP 2: certify our Responsible Purchasing approach through an independent third party.
Responsible Purchasing is one of the key components of our Data4Good sustainability program and we are committed to involving our suppliers and service providers in this process.Jean-Paul Leglaive
Head of QHSE and Sustainability