ABOUT THE ROLE
He/she will be responsible for monitoring critical physical infrastructure management activities in our datacenters in Spain, in collaboration with our suppliers/vendors/partners, and under supervision of the Operations Director.
His/her perimeter covers all technical areas in the datacenters, with focus on: Electricity, Cooling, Mechanical, Low Current, Security Systems (access control, CCTV…) and H&S management, among others.
He/she is one of the main players in the quality of the service provided to our customers and participates in ensuring service continuity.
The facility manager is responsible for following up of maintenance operations and the preparation/supervision of schedules. Also it is quite important to guarantee the right performance to ensure the compliance of SLA and KPIs defined by contracts.
He/she oversees communication with customers regarding maintenance operations, preventive planning and management of corrective actions.
FM SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP
- Develops monthly reports related to critical physical infrastructure management.
- Helps customers with their certification process, audits, etc. providing info and data to the Critical Environment Manager and Customer Service Manager.
- Ensure the execution of infrastructure improvements following client contract framework.
- Support audits (internal and external) to achieve and follow up certifications (PCI-DSS, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27001, ISO45001, and so on)
- Monitors and manages critical physical infrastructure maintenance
- Creates/reviews technical management of incidents (Incident reports, RCAs, action plans…) with the possible assistance of technical experts, and reports to his/her manager.
- Monitors the infrastructure to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
- Participates in incident drills scenarios to verify the adequacy of procedures and the level of control of the facilities by the teams.
- Participates in customer contract management meetings as technical support.
- Participates in internal operation meetings (with multi-technical providers)
- Implements and supports providers to implement the procedures defined at the group level
- Tracks the improvement/action plans related to incidents, non-conformities and any other source of risk for the facilities.
- Manages supplier’s contracts and participates in their follow up and review.
- Supports the Global Process Owners (GPO) to implement their processes
Education and experience
- An undergraduate degree in a technical field (Industrial Engineer, with or without master)
- 3+ years relevant experience in a data center or other critical facility
- Knowledge of electrical/ mechanical systems (HV, LV, mechanical, HVAC systems, BMS, controls), computer networks, safety and security
- Management of long-term relationship with suppliers/providers
- Management of root cause investigations in the event of an incident
- Ability to listen to internal customer needs
- Good communication in English
- Adaptability and agility
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player mindset