We are committed to helping our customers reduce their carbon emissions
DATA4 has been ISO 14001 certified (“environmental” standard) for several years. We undertake to:
- Pursue a continuous improvement approach
- Promote the large-scale environmental transition of digital technology
We provide them with our tools and our expertise in order to innovate and introduce more environmentally-sound digital solutions.
Our customers can access the “D4 Green Dashboard”, which allows them to calculate the carbon footprint of their hosting spaces and IT equipment throughout their life cycle.
As a result, this system enables our customers to make informed decisions when selecting their equipment, with a view to reducing their carbon footprint.
We involve our employees in our sustainable development approach.
Relationships with the local ecosystem and economy
- Since 2016, Data4 CEO Olivier Micheli has chaired France Datacenter, an association that brings together all data center ecosystem players in France. This gives us the opportunity to participate in sharing and formalising knowledge, as well as expanding the expertise of the French data center industry.
- In Italy, we are active members of the local Assolombarda, Assintel and Anitec-Assinform associations, which are leading entities for industrial and digital companies in this country.
- In Spain, we are members of Spain Datacenter.
- Marcoussis, the city where the Paris-Saclay campus is located, and the Essonne department. We get involved at the municipal, departmental, and regional levels (developing soft mobility methods and cycle paths). We support city projects: one in the Chêne Rond neighbourhood and another focused on heritagerestoration;
- Alcobendas, a city in Spain: heritage restoration project;
- Milan Consulate in Italy to support the French ecosystem’s attractiveness in Lombardy through various activities organised with CCI France – Italie.
- In France, we support the Festival Elfondurock organised by the municipality of Marcoussis to promote the female pop-rock scene and support the presence of women in traditionally male environments. During these festivities, the Marcoussis wine club hosts Elfondelabière, an exhibition of craft breweries that features tastings, a competition for amateur brewers, presentations and workshops.
- In Italie, Data4 was drawn to the bee-keeping sector and we donated money for installing beehives in the Settimo Milanese municipality. The honey produced is sold at a local event called Api in Festa to benefit a charity. In 2021, Data4 also donated money to support municipal projects in Cornaredo: a project to set up games made with 100% recycled materials in public areas for kids and a tree planting project.
- In Spain, a similarreforestation project is planned with the municipality of Alcobendas.