Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for the deployment of hosting solutions sold by the sales teams. The projects are ranging from the installation of one rack to the equipment of a complete computer room with several hundred racks.
The equipment of a room consists mainly of the realization of all installation involved from High Voltage, Low Voltage services, cage installation to any other miscellaneous equipment (badge readers, etc.) installation
Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the planning, delivery and documentation of DATA4’s customer projects during the “Build” phase following contract signing and prior to the “Run” phase where the customer is in production. The SDM works closely with the designated technical resources and sales team (pre-sales and sales) to finalize the design and provide an accurate delivery forecast to the customer. He/she is ultimately responsible for the effective delivery of the solution and for setting and maintaining customer expectations.
Service Delivery Manager is also responsible for the capacity management in “Run” mode (high and low voltage, air conditioning, racks) of all the rooms on campus. He/she will also have a perfect knowledge of the location of the various clients on campus.
To do this, he/she will be able to rely on the specific trade experts, including High Voltage, Low Voltage and Air Conditioning experts, as well as on external service providers. In this context, the SDM works in close collaboration with the Customer Service Management team which ensures the follow-up and management of contracts.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery of customer solutions
- Effectively manage the expectations of key stakeholders such as the vendor and the customer
- Maintain customer relationship and communication during the project life cycle
- Organize interaction with other company employees and hot hand outsourcing personnel to maintain optimal working relationships.
- Roll out, implementation and trucking of carriers (Telecomunications companies) that provide the connectivity services to end customers.
- Assist in the development of project documents and templates.
- Produce project management documentation deliverables such as Statement of Work, Gantt charts, quality plans, etc. to a high standard.
- Undertake reporting activities for his/her project portfolio and team as directed.
- Any other tasks required by the Project Office Manager or Engagement Director, which are reasonably within the scope of this role
- Carrying out site tours as requested by the Client
- In charge of Capacity Planning
- Ensure that the Client rooms are maintained in good operational condition (cleanliness, security, etc.)
- Responsible for the proper updating of the Customer Room Plans
- Write monthly reports for customers
- Manage the activity of the local staff in charge of customer deliveries
1. Education and experience
- 3 years of higher education in a technical field in the following areas: networks, computers, electro mechanical infrastructures.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the same position
2. Technical skills
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Proven track record in project management, preferably in the hosting or service integration industries
- Good understanding of High Voltage, Low Voltage, Air Conditioning technical infrastructure.
- Proven ability to meet high standards of written and verbal communication with clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Autocad applications.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with others
- Tenacious attention to detail and quality
- Good communication and customer relations skills
- Able to work simultaneously with multiple projects
- Proactivity in detecting and resolving problems
Candidate does not require the following, but it would be a plus:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio
- Prince II (or similar project management certifications) or ITIL v3 certified
- Conceptual understanding of information technology, networking and the Internet.
3. Soft skills
- Sense of confidentiality, integrity and ethics
- High level of rigor, organizational skills and good analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all stakeholders
- Good pedagogue, listening skills and ability to convince
- Experience in a customer service environment, with strong communication skills; written and verbal.
- Pro-active in making proposals
- Good stress resistance/coolness especially in crisis situations
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects
- Fluent in English