Critical Environment Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
CEM’s main mission is to manage and interface with hyperscale customers or customers with very deep technical requirements that can’t be fulfill by a Customer Service Manager (CSM). Based in a broad knowledge of the customer and Data4 process, CEM will lead the day-to-day relationship in terms of planning, preparation and coordination with the FM team for the execution of any work related with the customers.
CEM is responsible for the communication to the customer and supporting the FM team for leading all the activities in his datacenters, leading from the process perspective the relationship with the customer and supporting technically the FM team, working together with other FMs and other teams.
His/her perimeter covers all areas in the Datacenter, with very strong needs on: Electricity, Cooling, Low Current (access control, CCTV…) and H&S management, among others from the prospective of procedures and reporting to the customer.
He/She is one of the main players in the quality of service rendered to our customers, acting as a single point of contact for them and supporting the FM team to ensure the continuity of the service.
Working very closely with the different teams (FMs, CSMs, Country Manager, Energy Manager, …) to manage any aspect that is part of the interface with the customer: On bases reports (weekly, monthly, ..), Changes review and planning with the customer, ensuring any activity is duly approved by the customer in due time (review and validation of changes and MOPs when required, attending dry runs if possible, supporting other teams that could require interface with the customer (Construction, Service Delivery, Energy management, quality and compliance team, among others). Special attention on incident management, reporting and tracking of actions and lessons learn.
CEM will work closely with the Facilities Manager and the CSM manager to ensure the proper and smoother interface with the customer.
He/She will be part of the on-call team for Data4.
CEM supports the FM, the CSM and any other team that will interface with the customer: SLA management, energy invoice supervision, reporting, customer communication providing them info related to maintenance operations, preventive planning, incident management, RCA analysis, action plans tracking, correctives, small projects, system upgrades, …
- Manage and participate in the all needed on bases meetings with customers (weekly, monthly, QBR, YBR, audits, … ) preparing the necessary elements to manage the meetings and to produce due reports to customers according to SLAs and contracts.
- Helps customers with their certification process, audits, etc. providing info and data together with the FM and CSM.
- Support the correct execution of the infrastructure improvements within the client contract framework ensure the correct approval from the customer.
- Support the FM to ensure a proper monitoring and ensure quality of the managed maintenance, corrective and improvement works and the quality of data associated.
- Collaborate in the management of incidents (Incident reports, RCAs, action plans … ) with more focus from the customer prospective (communication on time, quality of reports and info provided, …) supporting the FM team in the technical aspect if needed.
- Ensure the infra under his/her scope is proper monitor to ensure a smooth and efficient operation (review of setting points, PUE follow up, …).
- Supervise and lead in drills for incident scenarios to verify the adequacy between the procedures and the level of control of the facilities by the teams.
- Lead customer contract management meetings as main interface with the customer with the support of the other Data4 teams.
- Participates in internal operating meetings (with multi-technical provider)
- Ensure customer procedures are aligned with internal Data4 procedures
- Tracks the improvement/action plans related to incidents, non-conformities and any other source of risk for the facilities.
- Present quotes in the context of customer demand aligned with the company’s policies, support in the execution ensure and keep the communication with the customer for the works ensuring the procedures are followed (change management, incident management, delegation of authority, ..).
- Management of the customer’s contract participating in their definition, follow up and review.
- Ensure management is properly and timely informed.
- Ensure a proper Asset Management done for the facilities under his/her responsibility ensuring that the info related to different assets is accurate.
- Support the Global Process Owners (GPO) to implement their process in the buildings under his/her responsibility.
Education and experience
- Significant experience in Datacenter management mainly with hyperscale rules.
- Technical knowledge to pilot the various trades involved.
- Able to communicate easily in English.
- Knowledge of electricity, air conditioning, computer networks, safety and security
- Able to manage a long-term relationship with customers
- Able to supervise and support root cause investigations in the event of an incident
- Able to listen to external and internal customer needs and constraints
- Able to communicate fluently in written and oral English
- Flexibility and open-mind approach,
- Ability to report and report quickly.
- Easy to communicate/exchange with our customers.
- Accurate and methodological with focus in quality and customer relationship
- Team spirit