Senior Project Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
DATA4 is launching a Data Center Campus in Greece and is looking for a Design & Construction Senior Project Manager to lead the Design and Construction development of this Campus and other future developments.
This role is based in Athens and reports to the CTO.
As a Senior Design & Construction Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of the construction’s projects (Data Centers design/construction and fit out) assigned to you to ensure the follow-up of the “Quality, Cost, Deadline”. You will locally represent Data4 and coordinate all stakeholders (partners, local authorities…) during the development of the project.
In general, you will be accountable for:
• Managing the design and construction of Data centers, IT fit-out including the power supply projects and connectivity
• Providing support to technical or sales teams on specific engineering & design issues
• Being a technical reference for the final customer
• Representing Data4 locally in face of key stakeholders: General Contractors, local authorities, Power Companies, Utilities companies etc…
• Ensuring the local implementation of Data4’s Health and Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Compliance Policy.
Project management of the design and construction of Data Centers
With the objective of ensuring, on behalf of the project owner, the management of the complete project according to the following phases for the development of the DC campus including Power Supply project and connectivity:
- Ensure that all administrative procedures associated with the project (permits, classified installations) in relation with the D&C project manager, the architect, the specialized design offices and the local authorities, from the phase of constitution of the files until the obtaining of the permits
- Gather Customer Needs to ensure the definition of needs and their implementation inside the Project Scope of Works
- Evaluate & ensure that the Project Scope of Work planned by the company is in accordance with our contract requirements. Highlight deviation & report to involved parties: CTO and/or Sales.
- Support the entire design phase to ensure that the target data center meets Data4’s needs
- Lead the engineering teams for the design phases
- Act as the interface between the Operations and Design & Construction teams throughout the project.
Construction & Commissioning Phase
- Actively participate in the contracting process for the construction phase.
- Monitor the construction phase on a daily basis to ensure that the work complies with the contracts.
- Ensure daily compliance with safety regulations & internal rules/guidelines in the work areas
- Manage service providers with a direct contractual link with the project owner (EDF, control office, safety coordinator, CSSI, design office, architect, property owner, project manager, etc.).
- Ensure exchanges and reporting with the construction and commissioning teams of the final client (hyperscalers and major accounts) throughout the projects.
- Ensure the interface between the Operational teams and the Construction teams throughout the project.
- Ensure exchanges with hyperscalers and key account customers for the definition and validation of the commissioning plan and process.
- Manage the commissioning operations in relation with the commissioning agent, the commissioning team of the final customer and the project management.
- Gradually put the operating team of the future site in a position to take over the site as soon as it is made available (training on technical batches, documentation, drafting of simplified procedures, etc.).
- Conduct all meetings necessary for the management of the project, including but not limited:
- Technical follow-up with the project manager and the companies
- Reporting in English to the final client
- Documenting the project; in particular, ensuring the proper handover of documentation (completeness and quality) from service providers to ensure the proper subsequent use of the works carried out.
- Generate the reporting required for this type of operation.
- Provide a global reporting to company management for his/her global scope of work
- Ensure the budgetary follow-up of the project in collaboration with the prime contractor and the finance department of Data4.
You will be supported by a Project Manager based in France and by a global Engineering team.
The missions described above are not exhaustive and could evolve according to the company’s strategy and management requirement.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in project management in the building or construction industry (project management company, a design office, …)
- Technical knowledge to manage the various areas concerned, and preferably in the datacenter industry or oil and gas or critical infrastructure
- Understanding of the design process
- Proven track record in project management (methodologies, tools, and techniques), preferably in the hosting or service integration industries
- Experience managing projects in an occupied site (preferred)
- Good level in HVAC and/or Electrical and/or Security/Networks,
- Knowledge in general design of industrial buildings with issues similar to Data Centers (continuity of service, security, etc.),
- Knowledge in relevant industry regulations, health and safety standards, and permitting processes
- Ability to “popularize” the technique and the benefits for non-experts thanks to a discourse adapted to the interlocutor and to his needs and constraints
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- Fluent in Greek and English
The candidate does not require the following, but it would be an advantage
- Project Management training/certification such as PMI or equivalent
- Experience working in English-speaking environments.
- Proficiency in Autocad
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sense of confidentiality, integrity and ethics
- Strong organisation skills
- Adaptability and open-mindedness
- Entrepreneurial profile, capable of strong intellectual mobility and multitasking within a small structure and a wide range of subjects
- Ability to work methodically and independently
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with others
- Customer focus
- Rigor and method
- Sense of commitment for him/her and his/her teams