Global Fit-Out manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Build the Fit-Out department & Group Fit Out practices including Road Map for the next 5 years based on the 4P approach: Process, Plant, People and Partners
- Be responsible from an “end to end” perspective of the Fit Out process: from design, through quotations, delivery until hand over to the final customer
- Supporting Sales organization in shaping and winning viable projects
- Accountability for the overall project portfolio being delivered on time, budget and to acceptable quality (relying on team members into the PMO team doing this)
- Managing a diverse team of project management professionals
- Be the main interlocutor of the final Customer Head of Fit Out
- Troubleshooting and improving processes within the delivery cycle
- Development of value added professional services
- Reporting to the FR operations manager day to day, providing cover when needed
- Line management of several Project Management professionals
- Program management of major solutions, providing the front end customer engagement to ensure delivery is well scoped and managed. In some cases this will require you to act as a project manager function for strategic accounts our major projects, backing off delivery tasks within the internal team.
- Resource Management: Assign, resolve conflicts, forecast and weekly management reporting.
- Portfolio weekly reporting to management to demonstrate that you are managing risk proactively
- Chairing team meetings and workshops – preparing agendas, minutes, action logs, papers, reports, managing issues and recommendations arising from governance groups
- Organization – maintain administration and filing system
- Ensure projects receive regular housekeeping and appropriate quality assurance.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is measured and improved
- Proactively contribute to process development , team efficiency and optimization
- Proactively support and contribute to alignment activities with other regions in the EU
- Introduce and maintain mechanisms for controlled business take on such as developing accurate resource budgets, SOW writing, proposal writing, pre-sales consulting and deal clinics
- Ensure processes, standards and best practices are executed at all times (where possible)
- Work with other internal departments and external suppliers to represent the interests of the Project management team and to assist in management escalations
- Provide guidance to the sales department in matters of project approach, professional services quotations and providing delivery timescale estimation
- Provide guidance and direction to less experienced members of the team, setting annual objectives and conducting appraisals. Ensure that the PM role is rewarding and leads to career development where appropriate
- Assisting other delivery functions and sales in the creation of value added professional services and propositions. This will be much needed to drive not only PS revenue but also the scale and maturity of the delivery business.
- Work very closely with the Health and Safety department to ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety on site.
Education and experience
- 15 years experience
- Previous Project or Program, or PMO Management experience
- Have several years experience of working within the technology or engineering sector.
- Experience in Internet hosting or Telecommunications preferred.
- Experience in a customer service environment, both by telephone and face-to-face essential
- Conceptual understanding of IT technology, networking and the Internet
- Be familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio)
- PRINCE2, PMP, P3O, MSP or similar management certifications
- Fluent English (TOEIC > 850 or C1)
- More than 15 years of experience in Project Management
- Managing a team of more than 3 direct reports
- Experience of personal goal setting, managing staff appraisals, resolving team conflicts
- Must possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Must be able to demonstrate good organizational and people management skill
- Proven ability to meet high standards of written and oral communication
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining team momentum and motivation.
- Tenacious attention to detail.
- Sense of confidentiality, integrity and ethics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and open-mindedness
- Entrepreneurial profile and solution-driven
- Rigor and method
- Team spirit